Seems like it is!
My previous high voltage stuff had been in the glass belljar of previous posts.
So when I started reading about plasma cleaning and surface modification, it got me wondering.
Here is the video:
If you are still reading, some details are: The vacuum feedthrough is a 4mm brass rod through a 7mm glass tube. Soda glass I think. Not boro' anyway. Then the threaded bit is from an old lamp fitting. I did a little work on the lathe to make the o-ring groove. All sealed up with normal(not Kwik) JB Weld.
Then it gets pushed through one of the existing electrode holes in my base plate. I know the chamber is filthy...
Strangely, I got the best ever vacuum level from my mechanical pump on this test. I got down to nearly 2x10-2( chamber pressure) normally I only get 6 or 5x10-2. Just at the edge of diffusion pump land.
The other sample in the chamber was a piece of fast cast polyurethane resin. It work on that too. Over all effect seems short lived. Maybe straight under Di-water is the thing to do.
Conclusion: yes it works.
To do: clean the pieces normally to remove most of the contaminants. Wear gloves.
Try...spontaneous bonding of very clean flat surfaces by contact.